Basically the similar steps as described in Quick Start Guide on Ubuntu 8.04.
- Install amp-dev (or webstack packages) on OpenSolaris (or Solaris production release), and install SunStudio and GNU autotools (JDS CBE toolset is recommended).
- Download the latest laconica archive file, and extract to
apache2/2.2/htdocs, and edit the
"AllowOverride All"for htdocs directory.
- Edit config.php, setup mysql databases, configure fancy URL, as described in above document.
- Download sphinx-0.9.8.1 and apply this patch for sunstudio C++ compiler, build and install it as following,
- Use pecl(1) to install sphinx php extension, while you need export CC to SunStudio, otherwise, it would uses gcc even it's not in your $PATH. (Thanks to Sriram Natarajan for this tip, I used to download and build it manually.)
- Enable DNS and set it prior to NIS, otherwise email validation would fail.
$ export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/mysql/bin
$ ./configure; make; pfexec make install
$ cd api/libsphinxclient; ./configure LDFLAGS="-lsocket -lnsl"; \
> make; pfexec make install
$ pecl install sphinx